What Readers Are Saying About “Punk Charming":
- “Punk Charming is definitely a page turner not to be missed!”
- “This is now my new favorite book of 2016.”
- "Laura Quinn’s first novel, Punk Charming, is a delightful romantic romp through the 1980s, written with loving details by an author who obviously adores the period. The novel is fueled by a soundtrack of Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, and Wham, along with the spot-on period product placement...the net effect is an instant trip back to the fun, edgy mid-eighties."
- “I had difficulty putting it down as it's very interesting and the characters are really engaging.”
- “Great writing, I just loved James and Kate in the story.”
- “Punk Charming isn't your typical romance novel: it offers much more facets of depth and interest.”
- “I highly recommend this book for its enthralling blend of suspense, romance, good humor, and vivid imagery and superb writing.”
- “In this tale, Laura showed her love of this decade which made the conversations between Kate and James highly entertaining.”
- “I have enjoyed all the characters, and the book is chock full of the 80's pop culture & pop music from my favorite bands of all time like Duran Duran and the Pet Shop Boys etc.”
- This beautifully written debut novel marks an auspicious beginning for Laura Quinn’s career.
1986 – Shoulder pads are big, hair is bigger, and American college student Kate Spenser is set to embark on the biggest adventure of her life. Having been accepted to a summer study-abroad program in Oxford, England, Kate travels to Europe for the first time. The eighteen-year-old is psyched about a summer of exploring countries on her own, experiencing new cultures, and perhaps meeting a charming young man along the way. Armed with a French-English dictionary and her Walkman loaded with Duran Duran, Kate is ready to start her adventure in Paris. Little does she know what awaits her, and how her life will forever change.
E-Mail LauraQuinnBooks@yahoo.com for Details